Farmers deploying livestock guarding dogs (LGD) within the framework of the federal programme can become members. A membership is also possible for people who are professionally involved with such dogs. For LGD breeders within the federal programme a membership is compulsory. The annual fee is CHF 87 for single members, CHF 117 for couple members and CHF 77 for passive members. The membership includes an annual subscription to the «Forum Kleinwiederkäuer», which regularly publishes news of our association.
Advantages of a membership are:
- platform for exchange among LGD practitioners
- training and further education offers on the topic of LGD
- education as an LGD breeder
- purchase of discounted dog food and deworming tablets
- collective legal expenses insurance
The committee decides on the final admission at its following meeting.
Members can resign from the association at the end of the year by sending a withdrawal letter to the head office.
For further information please contact the head office (caroline.nienhuis(at)hsh-ch.ch).